Pearson Pearson Qualifications Development Manager, Gulf & Levant in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Pearson Qualifications Development Manager, Gulf & Levant
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Thepurpose of the role is to help the Gulf & Levant territory in achieving itsannual financial targets for Pearson Qualifications business as well as accountmanaging existing customers and developing the business in some designatedcountries.
Thefocus will be on achieving set targets, largely through the sales of Edexcel productsand services into both the existing and new client base.
Theposition requires close liaison with other team members and the RegionalDirector for Gulf & Levant to identify and fulfil customer requirements ina proactive and efficient manner, including visits.
1. BusinessMaintenance/Development Promote Edexcel and its services to all centres andtheir associated bodies using agreed strategies to maintain existing businessand secure agreed business growth. Namely;
Achieve agreed sales targets (Qualification and resources aligned to qualifications) for each centre for renewal and incremental business growth. Targets agreed with Regional Manager.
Maintain existing business in centres
Secure targeted growth for key products including resources aligned to qualifications.
Implement Key Account strategy for designated centres
2. Service to centres Provide a range ofsupport, advisory, training and development services which fulfil Edexcelbusiness objectives in a manner suited to centres’ context and priorities,within approved budgets. Namely;
Provide customers with accurate and timely information
Respond effectively to queries
Provide support via networks and training
3. Regional Team Develop andcoordinate activities to achieve optimum results for the company. Provide feedback from centres on service andproduct quality to all appropriate parts of the company.
4. Training Provide excellentsupport for customers by the provision of high quality training in order thatcentres are able to deliver Edexcel qualifications successfully. Promotetraining events to ensure maximum take up of training places.
5. Market Intelligence – The PearsonQualifications Development Manager is expected to report regularly on activityin their centres and region relating to:
Competitors and competitor activity with centres
Customer knowledge including a clear understanding of total spend analysis within centres
New Business by qualification, by cohort size and by start date
Key Challenges and Responsibilities:
Working in a fast paced and dynamic organization, the ability to change and flex to new ways of working as required.
Being a team player with strong ability to work with other team members (E.g: Schools, Portfolio, Marketing) while galvanising relationships internally and externally to obtain the best outcomes.
Strong planning and organization skills (plan, coordinate, implement and measure)
Highly motivated and independent worker
Influencing and negotiating skills
Effective communication and presentation skills
Strong organisational, administrative and planning skills
Target and performance driven
Self-starter with initiative and commercial awareness
Commitment and flexibility
Willingness to travel across the territory
Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
Proficiency in digital and multi-media products
Ability to engage with diverse cultures
Customer facing role – at least 2 years
Knowledge of British Educational & Qualifications system
Knowledge of Academic Education
Experience within education industry
Knowledge of Pearson Qualifications
Edexcel Product training
Sales experience – at least 2 years
Worked in Middle East
Knowledge of all core Edexcel products and services
Education, Qualifications & Training
Minimum 2 years of experience in a B2B corporateenvironment, solution selling. Consultative sales experience
- MS Office
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in written andspoken Arabic
Personal Style and Behaviour
Enthusiastic andself-motivated. The ability to work independently, and to plan and prioritiseyour own workload. Good interpersonal skills, to build relationships withPearson staff, customers, distributors and teachers/principals.
Primary Location: AE-AE-Dubai
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 18, 2017
Req ID: 1715394